Northern Texas Professional Golfers Association (NTPGA)

“Golf is a tough business, but a grand one, and we mean to see it stay that way.” – Ben Hogan

Though Ben Hogan did not have the opportunity to pursue his education due to economic misfortunes, he recognized the importance of a formal education and the positive impact that it has on a young person’s life. In a sense, Ben Hogan himself gifted the first scholarship to his great niece – Foundation Founder and Board Chair Lisa Scott – when he paid her way through college.

It is in this spirit that the Ben Hogan Foundation is proud to partner with the NTPGA Junior Golf Foundation to provide scholarship opportunities for current NTPGA Junior Tour Members who are heading off to college. Of the scholarships awarded by NTPGA this year, 70% were based on financial need, academic performance, extracurricular activities and community involvement, with the remaining 30% awarded on the same basis, but regardless of financial need.

The generous support of our sponsors and loyal members help us make formal education more accessible for students who wish to pursue their college dreams.  Join us in this effort by making a one time donation or by becoming a Foundation Member!


Cindey Xiao


Ben Hogan Foundation Scholarship

Cindey Xiao was a Colleyville Heritage High School graduate and a NTPGA junior member. Cindey will attend the University of Texas at Austin, where she will major in Electrical and Computer Engineering. She is most excited to grow independently and experience a new environment. She is looking forward to meeting new people and taking on Austin.

Cason Johnson


Ben Hogan Foundation Scholarship

Cason Johnson was a Seminole High School graduate and a NTPGA junior member. Cason will attend Texas A&M University, where he will major in Accounting. He is looking forward to the new opportunities that await. He said, “College, to me, seems like a great chance to find myself in a bigger world than I have experienced thus far. I can’t wait to meet new people from different walks of life and experience life after high school with them.”

Madelyn Bailey


Ben Hogan Foundation Scholarship

Madelyn Bailey is a Ben Hogan Foundation / Pat & Kori Green Scholarship recipient. She was a graduate of John Paul II High School and a NTPGA junior member. She will attend Baylor University and major in Health Science Studies. She is very excited to attend Baylor University. She said, “At Baylor I will have many opportunities to learn more about the medical field, and to study alongside peers who have like-minded goals. I cannot wait to take part in the traditions at Baylor and to meet new people from all over the country.